Are you concerned about safety?
Perhaps Mom recently fell and broke a hip. Maybe Dad is having trouble sticking to his doctor’s recommendations. Does your loved one seem to be isolated? Losing weight? Having difficulty with remembering important activities or events?
Your parents want to stay at home.
Most older adults prefer the home setting they have lived in for years. You, however, may be worried that their living situation is not as safe as it needs to be. And your family member may require more assistance than you can realistically provide.
We’re here to help.
Working as a team
We at Geriatric Resource Services can assist your family. We can provide you and your loved one with the support needed to stay at home, and suggest alternatives, as needed, to make sure your parent is safe and comfortable.
How we contribute
The benefits of working with an Aging Life Care™ Manager include
- Peace of mind for everyone involved. As a family member, you want to be sure your loved one has a credible plan in place. Our collaborative approach makes life easier for you. You can spend more time being a son or daughter and less worrying if your parent is safe.
- An objective assessment As licensed Aging Life Care Managers, we give your expert advice outlining the current situation and making recommendations for needed support services now, and in the foreseeable future.
- Preventing and managing crises Of course, we prefer to be brought in beforethere’s a crisis. But if one occurs—a fall, a hospitalization, a stroke, a wandering incident—we can jump in and handle the medical issues. We can also support you, and your relative if changes in living situation are required.
- Serving as an advocate in the health care systemIt’s a complicated labyrinth. Without a knowledgeable advocate, the patient’s voice is frequently drowned out. Let us help your loved one determine his or her goals of care, and then work with the medical system to make sure treatment decisions are made that support those goals.
- Preserving your relative’s independence One of the primary challenges of those needing care is retaining as much control as is appropriate, and then learning to let go. Everyone deserves the “dignity of risk,” thus we support autonomy and agency for as long as is realistically possible.
- Recommending appropriate resources Based on your family’s preferences and financial situation, we can make recommendations for support services that are the best fit. We all want your loved one to be satisfied with the decisions made. Put our experience to work for you so the odds favor a successful transition.
- Helping to ease family conflict The elder care years, especially, generate many difficult dynamics. We are intimately familiar with the ways that family systems can flare when the parents start to need help. Part of our training and expertise involves knowing how to quell those fires and turn everyone’s attention to the best interests of the elder. We are the experts in respecting the needs of all family members and helping them to overcome their differences and find common ground.
Let us make your life easier If you think we could be of assistance, do not hesitate to give us a call at 864-271-0011. We’d be delighted to work with you to improve quality of life for everyone involved. The caregiving journey does not need to be so hard.
And bookmark this page! With this website, we offer you guidance for the elder care journey:
- Insights on Aging
Straight talk about changes in this later part of the life cycle. Learn about its challenges, its unexpected rewards, and ways your family member can thrive and find meaning in the process.
- Staying Independent
Articles to help you help your relative avoid or delay common setbacks.
- Important Documents
Legal, financial and health care planning that assists your loved one communicate his or her wishes.
- Tips and Tools for Families
Insights to reduce the strain on you as you juggle your many responsibilities.
We understand older adults, and we know how much you care. If you would like more information on ways we can help you ease the stresses of an aging family, please do not hesitate to call us at 864-271-0011.